Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The View that put a Drapery Crisis into Perspective


The BEST phone call I received in 2010 came via cell the moment I arrived at The Grand Canyon. (Two days prior to Thanksgiving.) A sweet business gal I know called; not knowing I was out of town. She was having drapery issues with a client of hers. And the stress of fitting it all in was a bit too much at that moment. Instantly upon seeing the canyon I knew I could help put the issue into perspective.  My eyes were on the scenery, my ear was on the phone and  I knew with every ounce of my being that the drapery crisis du jour was only "small-blip of a moment" in our lifetime. After giving her my own words of advice, I also quoted a well known industry pal of mine, Scot Robbins. "There's no such thing as a drapery emergency." That statement + that phone call + this view was a great free business lesson for me.  (And my drapery friend, after a much needed break, got it all worked out and got her Thanksgiving dinner finished too.) I hope this view can help someone else too.

No comments:

Post a Comment